Friday, June 19, 2009

Pulling my hair out














Since my last post about a week ago I've been putting off another post until I have something positive to say. Just played about two hours there and finished up about 4 BI's so I'll update how I've been doing. I've played about 20k hands, about 4/500 of those were played drunk which I will never attempt again. Another 4/5K of those were played while exceptionally tired after a night out (which I will also never attempt again) and the rest of them (bar today's) I was just playing poorly. Granted there are some ugly, ugly bad beats in there which are just plain unpleasant and happening with frightening regularity but that's part of poker. Over those 20K hands I ran at just over 1BB/100. A fantastic return for a reg at 25nl. Not. The really disappointing thing is that my red line (money won without showdown) Has been consistently heading south which is not the norm for me. I don't know if I'm just getting unlucky or c-betting too much but I'm down $125 from money won without showdown and even in the winning session I just had my red line is down.








I do have a couple of juicy hands from my sessions. I could choose from an absolute reem of bad beats but I'll only choose this one. These ones frustrate me the most. Far more than just cold decks, these really hurt me and put me on tilt:



^This genius 'traps' with AQ on the button, gets $8 into the pot behind, and $1.5 in the pot when he sucks out on the river.

For the newbs out there I'll provide ye with a short but very profitable lesson on how to crack queens with 45s out of position.





Eat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment