Friday, June 5, 2009

Update



Been a quiet week in terms of poker for me. Haven't really been able to concentrate properly but I did put in a few hours today. Ran well and finished up about 8 buy ins. Couple of interesting hands and a few bad beats too.



This is my updated graph to date, and also I recently started playing on another site that gives much better rake back:



So far since the first of June I've made roughly $30/ hr before rakeback. I didn't realise I had been making that much till just now and it feels good. Having said that I've only played about 14 hrs which is really only two days proper work, and I need to pick up the hours if I'm gonna pay for inter-railing later this summer.

Interesting hands from my session:

Sickest hand I've ever played and probably sickest hand you'll ever see:



And I think I'd do this all over again. Villain in this case is running at 93/39 over 60 hands. His min raise looked so much like a donkey bluff and I reshoved. Really he still should have folded AQ pretty much at every stage in this hand but he made the 'hero' call and took down a $50 pot with A high!



Won't be playing tommorrow because I am going to Waterford with lads from college to a house party. I'll probably play and update again on Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Shame the Royal beating the sraight flush wasn't on one of the sites where you get a bad beat jackpot! Sick, sick hand for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame indeed, -do bad beat jackpots consider when the money goes in or is it just the result of the hand? Cause really it was just two draws... Am curious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most, if not all, need the hand to go to showdown so it is the end result that triggers the payout.

    Nice hand though, I've had two straight flushes but no royal in four years of poker :o(

    ReplyDelete